Question Flickering monitor when touching the table while walking on treadmill

Slaventsiy

Honorable
Jun 22, 2016
Recently I've purchased a treadmill, for a few weeks I had no problems and seemingly out of nowhere the monitor started flickering consistently - turning black for a couple of seconds, sometimes going black completely and staying that way.
I've experimented a lot to confirm that it indeed happens only when I'm walking on the treadmill and touch the table that the monitor is on.
I've tried switching monitor and treadmill to different sockets - no luck. What helps is walking in shoes with thick soles.

What is going here? What could happen that suddenly it became a problem? How can I solve it?

Aug 9, 2021
Sometimes when I run on my treadmill and touch something metallic, I get shocked. So maybe it has to do with static electricity. I'm no expert but maybe try putting something non-conductive under the monitor. Like a rubber pad or something. Or try using a wooden table if you aren't already. Again I'm no expert on this but I hope I helped.

Slaventsiy

Honorable
Jun 22, 2016
loose cable?
Double checked, all cables are plugged tightly

Sometimes when I run on my treadmill and touch something metallic, I get shocked. So maybe it has to do with static electricity. I'm no expert but maybe try putting something non-conductive under the monitor. Like a rubber pad or something. Or try using a wooden table if you aren't already. Again I'm no expert on this but I hope I helped.
Ordered an anti-static mat to put under the treadmill, I'll try it out and report back

Slaventsiy

Honorable
Jun 22, 2016
Oh, I meant under the monitor, but idk. I think I'm right about it having to do with static though, this guy was having a similar issue: https://superuser.com/questions/140...due-to-static-electricity-in-my-chair/1406146

Does it happen when you touch the monitor itself or when you get close to it? Or are you sure it's only when you touch the table?
Oh, that makes sense.
It does seem like static indeed and I will try the ESD mat on the desk next. I'm away for a month though, so I'll be able to report results closer to October only. Thank you for the help!