[SOLVED] Flickering on the in-built display

Nov 9, 2021
Flickering Display
What could be the cause for this flickering display (on the right hand side)? Can it be the Ribbon cable? The invertor? Or the backlight ?
Which one is the most likely cause for these vertical flickering liens?

The flickering occurs just on the in-built display and not on the external monitor

Solution
You can try this, turn off laptop, remove the battery, unplug it from any outlet. Then hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Then reinstall battery, plug in to wall and see if it changed or not.
Nov 9, 2021
If you press the side of the panel, where the flickering is, between your fingers lightly does it change at all?
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Not really.

TLDR: I was in bed with the Laptop on my Lap, the doorbell rang, so I rushed to get the Laptop off my lap and put it on the bed, and in that moment I touched it with my nail and finger either on its bezel or its screen, then the screen had some vertical gray lines and then it just died and turned black...since then I have this display flicker...

I don't know what happened, the display now works fine, it isn't dim, the brightness didn't reduce, but it just flickers and it's annoying.

I don't know if I messed up the inverter, backlight or just the ribbon cable.

Nov 9, 2021
Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated!
It's just the flicker on the in-built laptop display, on the external HDMI-connected monitor it just displays normal.

In the moment I rushed to put the Laptop down, I accidentally hit the bezel or the scren with my fingernail at the very right bottom of the screen, then it just showed the vertical grey lines with red and green and then it turned off.....after a while I managed to get it back working but it flickers. I didn't perform any dissasembly on the laptop yet.

It flickers around 10 times per minute or so, but it flickers even if I put it on the desk and don't touch anything.

The brightness works just fine. If it was the inverter or backlight the brightness would have been reduced?

I am afraid that I might have hit by mistake with the fingernail the inverter or the backlight and messed them up.

Last edited: