[SOLVED] Flickering pixels all over my screen

Oct 11, 2019
My AMD Radeon HD 7970 has always been a massive problem within keeping my pc working but this time its too far. I am having flickering pixels all over my screen. I believe it is something to do with my GPU as whenever I uninstall the display drivers within device manager the problem is fixed, But everything is so slow.
Solutions I have tried:
-Using a different VGA cable to connect my monitor to my pc.
-Overclocking my memory core clock in msi afterburner.
-Dusting the GPU and the fan for the GPU.
-Updating windows

Overclocking my memory does stop the flickering pixels on the desktop but in videogames there is moving and flickering lines EVERYWHERE. I hope somebody could help me on this, If anyone can help me then I can include more information if needed.
Thanks

Solution
I would suggest removing your display driver with DDU instead of doing it from device manager. Once DDU removes all the files try installing the drivers again. It could be residual files causing your issues and removing the driver from device manager only removes the core drivers that Windows uses, not all the AMD configuration and ancillary files.

Failing it being a driver issue it is probably a sign that your GPU is on its final legs.
I would suggest removing your display driver with DDU instead of doing it from device manager. Once DDU removes all the files try installing the drivers again. It could be residual files causing your issues and removing the driver from device manager only removes the core drivers that Windows uses, not all the AMD configuration and ancillary files.

Failing it being a driver issue it is probably a sign that your GPU is on its final legs.

Reactions: Semiautomatic30
Solution
Oct 11, 2019
Thanks justin.
I am getting a new graphics card soon and it will be Nvidia. NEVER Amd again. I guess my GPU was on its last legs. If anyone else is reading this then I will say a few more solutions to other flickering problems:
-Check the DVI cable is secure.
-Adjust the Frame rate to your correct Frame rate in the settings. Display ---> Advanced display settings ---> Display adaptor properties for Display 1.
-Try a different monitor to see if its the monitor that's the problem.