Question flickering pixels and artifacts

Dec 27, 2020
A few days ago pixels on my screen started to flicker and I would get random artifacts flashing on to the screen from time to time. It started while playing AC Origins but something similar has happened previously. The last time it happened, a clean uninstall of the gpu driver and a reinstall fixed the issue. This time, I tired the same thing but to no avail. I also tried installing an older version of the Radeon driver, but that didn't help either. I only have 1 monitor , so I couldn't check a different one. I tried a different cable but there was no change. I also tried a clean boot but that had no effect.

As I tried to figure out what was causing it, I ran the Heaven benchmark and stress tested the GPU with MSI Kombuster. Surprisingly to me, the artifacts (random colored shapes) didn't show up and I couldn't see any flickering pixels. As soon as I exited, it would come back. Sometimes it gets really bad, other times its not too bad or barely noticeable. When it's bad and I open Firefox, whole words will flicker or disappear along with other elements of a webpage. It all disappears when safe mode is opened up.

Any suggestions on how to fix the issue?

video of whats been happening
View: https://youtu.be/jId5vPZ0uMM

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 38 °C
Pinnacle Ridge 12nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1330MHz (16-18-18-35)
Motherboard
ASRock X470 Gaming K4 (AM4) 26 °C
Graphics
SE2717H/HX (1920x1080@75Hz)
8192MB ATI Radeon RX 590 Series (MSI) 25 °C

ASK THE COMMUNITY