Flickering Vertical Lines on a brand New Monitor

Acention

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
I just purchased and Recieved an Asus VG278HE. Plugged it in and had vertical lines appear throughout the whole screen. These line at first went away after about 10 seconds and I figured I didn't have the DVI cables seated correctly so I made sure that they were plugged in and tight. These lines appeared both on the desktop and on the Asus logo when I turned the monitor off and then back on.

The problem came back about about an hour or so later and this time stayed for about 2-3 mins and then proceeded to flicker between normal and the vertical lines.

I am running a dual monitor setup with two EVGA GTX 570's and the second monitor displayed no problems while this was happening on the main monitor. Any help would be appreciated, I am thinking the monitor may be bad and have to go back but figured I would see if anyone had any advice before that. Thanks.

Solution
I overclocked my GPU too far and i got lines like that. it could be a bad monitor if only one of them is like that. i would switch the displays and see if it still happens.

StirB

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
I would switch the monitors or borrow a friends monitor for a second to see if its a setting/driver/GPU issue or monitor issue. I would put my money on a bad monitor because if you plug in a dual monitor all you do is plug it in and set the setting on how you want it displayed, nothing else.

JakeTheEpic

Reputable
May 3, 2014
I overclocked my GPU too far and i got lines like that. it could be a bad monitor if only one of them is like that. i would switch the displays and see if it still happens.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS