PH-Bench

Commendable
Apr 3, 2022
Is there a way to switch mouse orientation on Windows 10? To be very clear I am not talking about reversing the touchpad scrolling direction. I am talking about flipping (reflecting) the mouse like you can do on an Nvidia video card. Up should be down, left should be right and vice versa. The reason I want to do this is that I am using a trackball. I would like to wall mount it. The build of this mouse is angled, and if I could flip it, the angle would work out perfectly. Thanks for any help!

Ralston18

Titan
As I understand the trackball link you provided you can create macros for the mouse. That may be one way to accomplish the "flip" requirements.

However, I wondered about the "build of this mouse is angled" and took another look at the mouse photographs.

Referencing the 3rd photo down from the top. Is that what you mean by angled? So that leads me to believe that you are mounting the mouse on an already angled surface - correct? With the end objective/requirement being that the ball and switch surface is "vertical" .

My suggestion would be to just create some sort of spacer or wedge to place behind the mouse that makes everything vertical and allows normal mouse orientation. The spacer being placed between the backside/bottom of the mouse opposite the scroll wheel.

Much simpler.

That said, how do you plan to mount the mouse to the wall in any orientation? Velcro came to mind as an option but velcro may not be real secure or lasting.

Remember that the mouse will need to be easily removable to change batteries.

= = = =

If possible, take a couple of photographs and post here via imgur (www.imgur.com). Be careful not to include any personally identifying information in the photos.

The photos may help solicit additional ideas and suggestions.

PH-Bench

Commendable
Apr 3, 2022
No, I am not or do I want to mount this on an angled surface? This was an idea because to mount it flat to the wall it has a slant that would make it awkward for your hand. Upsidown it will be great. Thanks

Ralston18

Titan
Up side down it will be great.

Yes but likely cumbersome and unnecessary.

Just create a shim to place between wall and mouse to create the desired/required orientation.

Hold the mouse in normal orientation (not upside down) on the host wall with the buttons and scroll wheel perpendicular to the floor. Then visualize the shape/orientation of the underlying wall shim to fill the gap.

If I am following correctly all you need is a shim/spacer having a mirror image of the mouse's profile.

All that will happen is that the mouse may "stick out" just a bit from the wall.

Photos?