Question Floppy drive not working

Should I post a video?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nov 27, 2019
This may sound like a weird question, but my Floppy Drive (3.5" 1.44mb 2 sided) is not working. I have everything wired properly, but when I use it, it says (Requested sector not found) or something along those lines. Now I know, Floppy drives are ooooold, but this one was working fine yesterday. I only have one Floppy Disk and dont know if it might be the disk or the drive. I opened it and ran it while it's open. If needed I can post a video of what it does when I decide to format the disk

Nov 27, 2019
Do other disks work?

The issue with magnetic media such as floppy disks is that they deteriorate fairly fast and without specialized equipment its hard to recover the data.
So I have an update. I was able to format the Floppy Disk. And I can copy a file. But only a 2kb file. If I copy something over 10kb it returns with an error, "Floppy Controller returned with an unknown error". I rebooted my pc and cleaned the heads on the drive. Now it says "Disk not recognized, it may not be formatted" And if I go to format the disk, Windows Explorer crashes

Endre

Upstanding
Apr 30, 2019
This may sound like a weird question, but my Floppy Drive (3.5" 1.44mb 2 sided) is not working. I have everything wired properly, but when I use it, it says (Requested sector not found) or something along those lines. Now I know, Floppy drives are ooooold, but this one was working fine yesterday. I only have one Floppy Disk and dont know if it might be the disk or the drive. I opened it and ran it while it's open. If needed I can post a video of what it does when I decide to format the disk
Hello!
I’m just curious, what are you using floppy disks for, in 2020?

Are you still on an OS prior to Windows XP?

When I built my first PC, in 2004, PCs already lacked floppy disks generally.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS