Question floreant pos crashes when i try to print

May 7, 2019
i have 2 impact printers and one thermal printer connected to one terminal. the program we use is an open source called floreant. for whatever reason the printers didnt want to connect to the utility drivers, so the tech reconnected the printers a different way, now when i try to print, floreant crashes saying its a java issue

May 7, 2019
the setup did work, then out of the blue the printers lost their connection, so the tech (who only helps with the printers and not the program) reconnected the printers, but claims he did so a different way. he said i cannot reconnect the printers the original way

Looks like support for the program requires a pro version http://floreant.org/support/

If this error started happening right after the printer were connected again, then check with the tech that did it what the difference are. There is no way to check on anything with just saying "it was connected one way, now connected another way" without specifying exactly what was done.. You may need to see if the program site has a forum or some other section for free support from other users.

May 7, 2019
gotcha. i did talk to a friend who knows a bit about computers. basically microsoft can see the printers, and can run test prints, so we know that the printers are working fine, and when the floreant program crashes, a popup shows up saying the java se binary stopped working. when the tech reinstalled the printers he updated java, so were thinking maybe we need to go back to the version of java that it originally worked on