[SOLVED] Fluctuating GPU clock speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2021
i just bought the asus g15 with nvidia rtx 3060 and amd ryzen 7 5800h and i installed the msi afterburner
so when idling my gpu clocks are fluctuating from 400mhz to 2000mhz every 3rd second
is it something i should be worried about?

Solution
Hi again :D

I've seen a similar behavior on my G14 if I'm doing something that pokes the NVIDIA GPU. It's not something to worry about. I recommend unless you're gaming to not poke at the NVIDIA GPU if you can help it though to keep power consumption and heat output to a minimum

GameCrucnh

Commendable
Sep 24, 2020
Seems to be jumping around a lot, could be a background task using up the GPU.

Doesn't seem to be a huge issue though, graphics cards will automatically lower there clock speed when idle/not needed so they dont constantly run at a single speed but this seems to be a high fluctuation

Reactions: xboy777
Jun 9, 2021
Seems to be jumping around a lot, could be a background task using up the GPU.

Doesn't seem to be a huge issue though, graphics cards will automatically lower there clock speed when idle/not needed so they dont constantly run at a single speed but this seems to be a high fluctuation
i tried disabling some feature restarted the windows but the problem still persist even with 0-1% gpu usage its fluctuating from 400mhz-1700 mhz

Hi again :D

I've seen a similar behavior on my G14 if I'm doing something that pokes the NVIDIA GPU. It's not something to worry about. I recommend unless you're gaming to not poke at the NVIDIA GPU if you can help it though to keep power consumption and heat output to a minimum

Reactions: xboy777
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.