[SOLVED] Fluid on PC AIO fan blades: Is that normal?

BreezyKun

Reputable
Oct 4, 2016
Happy Halloween everybody, got a question for y'all.

In december of last year I built a PC that uses the CoolerMaster ML240L AIO.

I was tinkering inside the case last night to manage cables a bit better when I noticed the blades on the radiator fans have some sort of moisture on them:
PXL_20201031_033538668.jpg

It's not particularly sticky, apparently thick enough to catch dust, and If it were plain water condensation I'm sure I would have had a short by now.

Are there case fans that contain lubricating fluid that could possibly leak out? The radiator itself looks dry, so I'm not sure if its a leak from there.

For an idea of it's orientation, the rad is screwed to the roof of the case with fans pushing air out through it. Any help is appreciated.

Solution

I was tinkering inside the case last night to manage cables a bit better when I noticed the blades on the radiator fans have some sort of moisture on them:

It's not particularly sticky, apparently thick enough to catch dust, and If it were plain water condensation I'm sure I would have had a short by now.

Are there case fans that contain lubricating fluid that could possibly leak out? The radiator itself looks dry, so I'm not sure if its a leak from there.

For an idea of it's orientation, the...

For an idea of it's orientation, the rad is screwed to the roof of the case with fans pushing air out through it. Any help is appreciated.
Yes some fans have oil lubricated floating bearings https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluid_bearing that can leak.

Solution