News Flux Keyboard Mixes Touch Screen Smarts and Maglev Switches

Apr 22, 2023
Can't wait to see this up close... I'm all in. This will be the next level standard to dominate all keyboards. Absolute customization. Limitless 👌

Reactions: Dr3ams
Apr 22, 2023
This actually looks like it might be the first screen-keyboard to find its niche, with that nice key technology and not trying to wire an individual screen under every individual key. Still a needless luxury to be sure, but hopefully one that delivers on the luxury you pay for with it!

Reactions: 006_Bill

UnCertainty08

Reputable
Sep 9, 2020
Great, a keyboard that requires 5V 3A of external power if you want to use all of its features simultaneously!

If this catches on, people are going to want USB-PD ports on their PC to run their keyboard.
Main drawback imo as well.
If you use USB A cable you need separate power.
My Z490 ASUS Maximus Apex has one rear USBC port and one front panel.
Even the brand new $1000 ASUS Z790 Apex only has 1 rear USBC port.

Hooda Thunkett

Prominent
Nov 17, 2021
Great, a keyboard that requires 5V 3A of external power if you want to use all of its features simultaneously!

If this catches on, people are going to want USB-PD ports on their PC to run their keyboard.
And maybe another phase of power to their house or portable nuclear power system. /S

sadsteve

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2013
Would never buy one:
1) I'm a touch typist so I hardly ever look at my keyboard.
2) This is quite power hungry for a keyboard
3) I already configure my keyboard to the way I like

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Would never buy one:
1) I'm a touch typist so I hardly ever look at my keyboard.
2) This is quite power hungry for a keyboard
3) I already configure my keyboard to the way I like
Agreed! And while we're at it, who would want a color hi-res monitor as well:
1) I do mostly word processing so I hardly ever look for color or resolution on my monitor.
2) Newer monitors are quite power (and money) hungry just to display some words I typed.
3) I already have my monitor adjusted and displaying the way I like.