fly through blood vessels!

hi all,

ok, i am doing a project on virtual reality as part of my degree. ad i
have chosen the fs2004 as the environment for my porject. basically i
am supposed to create a virtual environment depicting the blood system
inside the human body.! sounds cool eh!

i have designed a simple aircraft and called it a microsub. but i am
faced with another problem!

i want to change the scenery for one city at least to make it look like
i am flying through a blood vessel, so i need to change the terrain and
the sky! i managed to play around with the terrain but i can only
change niagra falls terrain to a red surface which looked rather cool(i
got it from the terrain sdk docs,) but i nead to expand it. i dont know
how to do that!(thats where i need the help),

i also cant change the sky! what do i have to do to change the sky into
some red bloody texture? can any one help?

thats for startes, i will continue if i get replies!!

thanks guys,

i tried to solve the problem by actually creating a a long tube and
puting it in fs2004 as a scenery object(.mdl) but i cant seem to fly
through it. its rather difficult.

i am at loss here with fs2004, i am quite new aT IT!

"wize010" <wize010@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
> hi all,
>
> ok, i am doing a project on virtual reality as part of my degree. ad i
> have chosen the fs2004 as the environment for my porject. basically i
> am supposed to create a virtual environment depicting the blood system
> inside the human body.! sounds cool eh!

LOL, this does sound kinda cool. If you are able to finish it, please post
it on the internet.

Maybe for your blood vessel, you can make a semi-circular trench in the
terrain (as the bottom half of the vessel) and then make a semi-circular
"arched bridge" object be the top half of the vessel. Make the object and
the ground the same ruddy color and it might blend together. I know nothing
of the subject, but maybe that would allow you to fly through the middle.
Also, I don't think that one can make "overhanging" terrain in FS2004.

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 18:29:35 -0500, Matt B. wrote:

> Also, I don't think that one can make "overhanging" terrain in FS2004.

It wouldn't be that difficult to construct a very large "hanger..." Say,
100 km x 100 km x 3 km... You could "paint" the inside any color you
liked...

Bill

Bob

Bill Leaming wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 18:29:35 -0500, Matt B. wrote:
>

>>Also, I don't think that one can make "overhanging" terrain in FS2004.
>

> It wouldn't be that difficult to construct a very large "hanger..." Say,
> 100 km x 100 km x 3 km... You could "paint" the inside any color you
> liked...
>
> Bill

There are the aircraft carriers where you can hover inside along with
that ferry out by Dart that is enclosed with each end open. Just make a
hundred ferrys end to end. (Sounds easy doesn't it?)

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

This guy (Andy Johnston) has some giant tubes you can fly through - might be
a starting point...?
Click the "Training Course" link on his site.

http://flightsim.andyjohnston.net/

Tony
www.msfsgateway.com <= hundreds of flightsim links

"wize010" <wize010@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
> hi all,
>
> ok, i am doing a project on virtual reality as part of my degree. ad i
> have chosen the fs2004 as the environment for my porject. basically i
> am supposed to create a virtual environment depicting the blood system
> inside the human body.! sounds cool eh!
>
> i have designed a simple aircraft and called it a microsub. but i am
> faced with another problem!
>
> i want to change the scenery for one city at least to make it look like
> i am flying through a blood vessel, so i need to change the terrain and
> the sky! i managed to play around with the terrain but i can only
> change niagra falls terrain to a red surface which looked rather cool(i
> got it from the terrain sdk docs,) but i nead to expand it. i dont know
> how to do that!(thats where i need the help),
>
> i also cant change the sky! what do i have to do to change the sky into
> some red bloody texture? can any one help?
>
> thats for startes, i will continue if i get replies!!
>

> thanks guys,
>

> i tried to solve the problem by actually creating a a long tube and
> puting it in fs2004 as a scenery object(.mdl) but i cant seem to fly
> through it. its rather difficult.
>
> i am at loss here with fs2004, i am quite new aT IT!

thanx guys,

i will look into the website that u gave me. i was also wondering where
to start doing these hangers, do i jast make one as a .mdl scenery
object or is there another way?

and also how can i paint a larga surace of the earth with one texture
(i.e blood texture). where do i speciy the texture or the bmp limit and
size? i hope u know what i mean! caause i tried to use the niagrafalls
example that comes with the terrain sdk and i only managed to change a
small paatch of the earth!

LOOKING FORWrd to ur reply

thanx guys,

i AM GOING TO HAVE A BUSY WEEKEND,

hi ,

is it possible to edit a .BGL file? i.e. top change the location or add
some textures to the objects?

thanx