FM Team of The Week Question.

Does anyone know why when FM picks the team of the week that some
players are picked out of position?

It has been bugging me for a while! For example, just now my ACM was
picked to play in the RM position and 2 of my defenders were picked in
the midfield positions. A CD became a CM and a LB became a LW.

The players in question can play in the other positions but i would
have thought they should be picked in the position they played in and
got the good rating in. Perhaps the team of the week formation should
change if need be too but i guess they need some standard guide?

Engelkott

Engelkott wrote:

> Does anyone know why when FM picks the team of the week that some
> players are picked out of position?

It's a tradition, been that way since CM3. One of those bugs that have
grown into a feature.

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: Belle & Sebastian - The Stars of Track and Field

Jericho

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2001

"Miljenko" <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote in message
> Engelkott wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know why when FM picks the team of the week that some
>> players are picked out of position?
>
> It's a tradition, been that way since CM3. One of those bugs that have
> grown into a feature.

It might just reflect the fact that those players were so much better than
'normal' midfielders that they had to be slotted in somehow. I don't think
the game picks anything other than a standard 442, so the engine frequently
picks D/M's in a different position to where they normally play.

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:51:01 +0100, "Jericho"
<pushthelionheart@y2j.com> wrote:

>"Miljenko" <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote in message
>> Engelkott wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know why when FM picks the team of the week that some
>>> players are picked out of position?
>>
>> It's a tradition, been that way since CM3. One of those bugs that have
>> grown into a feature.
>>

>It might just reflect the fact that those players were so much better than
>'normal' midfielders that they had to be slotted in somehow. I don't think
>the game picks anything other than a standard 442, so the engine frequently
>picks D/M's in a different position to where they normally play.

If that is the case then it is stupid! For example i have a CD who can
also play as a SC. If he was playing in defence and woul dbe selected
in the team of the week in the striker position then it makes the
whole thing a mockery!

At the end of the day the players should only be picked in the
position they play including the side.

Engelkott