[SOLVED] FM2

Saxon_5

Reputable
Mar 25, 2016
Hi all,

So my entire setup is based around an FM2 socket, so I’d appreciate you pass on by if your only advice is ‘upgrade to xyz because....’

I am looking for an FM2 motherboard with more than one fan thing. I have ordered an adapter for the PSU - thankfully I didn’t cheap out of the PSU! - which arrives tomorrow, but I’m fairly sure my board is toast by now, so, I’m happy to get a new board, I’m just not willing to spend the money on a whole new setup.

I currently have an Asrock FM2A75M-DGS. There is a CPU and a chassis fan header(s) but I have 4 fans.

Hopefully someone can help. I’d prefer if you had experience with a certain board rather than just going to google. I can do that too :)

PS. Budget of £40 or under.

Cheers!

Solution
You also have a power fan connector (motherboard manual pg 13 - item 31). Purchasing a new/used motherboard just to add two more fan connectors does not make a lot of financial sense to me. There isn't an easy way to find an FM2/FM2+ motherboard that has more than two fan headers other than checking the motherboard layout of each board you find available to you.

PC Part Picker List

I'd probably just use the adapter (molex to 3-pin/4-pin) and call it a day.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
You also have a power fan connector (motherboard manual pg 13 - item 31). Purchasing a new/used motherboard just to add two more fan connectors does not make a lot of financial sense to me. There isn't an easy way to find an FM2/FM2+ motherboard that has more than two fan headers other than checking the motherboard layout of each board you find available to you.

PC Part Picker List

I'd probably just use the adapter (molex to 3-pin/4-pin) and call it a day.

-Wolf sends

Solution