FMC HAS NO SID OR STARS

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have never been able to get the FMC fully programmed because of a lack of
SIDs and STARs. I read the tutorial line by line. KDEN to KLAX. but when I
click on the DEP/ARR button, no SID appears. ERROR AT TRANSITION, LINE 212
appears in the scratch pad area as soon as I enter KDEN in the origination
airport.
ERROR AT FIX, line253 appears as soon as I enter KLAX in the destination
airport.
I have cleaned out the PMDG/SIDSTARs folder . . . d/l latest from PMDG and
NAVDATA as the readme file suggests, but no joy. What am I doing wrong?
This isn't fun any longer.
Danny

Danny,

Which tutorial are you doing?

One thing to consider is that these tutorials sometime need the same Navdata
version installed as the author used to create it, and then the SID / STAR
installing. Personally I think Tim Metzingers tutorial is best although not
available for download now. Having said that a polite request to me by email
makes it appear and Tim is OK with that (I asked him) before anyone
complains about piracy etc etc.

Regards

Geoff

"DANNY" <drmckee@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> I have never been able to get the FMC fully programmed because of a lack
of
> SIDs and STARs. I read the tutorial line by line. KDEN to KLAX. but when
> click on the DEP/ARR button, no SID appears. ERROR AT TRANSITION, LINE
212
> appears in the scratch pad area as soon as I enter KDEN in the origination
> airport.
> ERROR AT FIX, line253 appears as soon as I enter KLAX in the destination
> airport.
> I have cleaned out the PMDG/SIDSTARs folder . . . d/l latest from PMDG and
> NAVDATA as the readme file suggests, but no joy. What am I doing wrong?
> This isn't fun any longer.
> Danny

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks for the reply Geoff. I am able to program the thing somewhat, even
putting in the waypoints. But it doesn't matter which airport I use as the
originating site, (whether from a tutorial or just a random airport such as
KALT TO KCLT, the FMC always displays "error in approach", "error in fix",
"error in transition" and it will not display any Sids or Stars for either
the orig. or the dest. fields. I can continue and the FMC will control the
plane. AIRAC is 0508 version and the SIDSTAR file is the latest on the PMDG
site. Each was extracted to the ....PMDG/SIDSTARS folder.