Focus stealing when copy/paste

Spiritos

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2013
On Win 8.1 x64 when I move some files to another directory and there are some duplicates the UI window indicating this is not on top/focus, just flashing yellow below in the taskbar.

This is highly annoying and I can't find any answers on the www.

Only solution I can think of is changing the value of ForegroundLockTimeout to 30d40 under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop in regedit but I think this wilk apply to ALL applications where I only want this for the above scenario.

Anyone has another idea?

Spiritos

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2013

Well, I can confirm it's on both my 8.1 systems (I have a dual-boot through BIOS/UEFI) but if you do a google search you'll find numerous threads but none with a solution,

g1abhi

Expert
Ambassador
Jun 13, 2015

You can try third party file manipulation software like teracopy. Might help since it has better management for duplicates and other issues.

Spiritos

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2013
I realise there are third party options but since this is such an essential and basic functionality of any OS I simply want a native solution.
Also, it's not like I'm copying terrabytes a day. It's just an occassional anoyance like updating iOS photo's or a handful of documents.

Spiritos

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2013
Well, obviously this question is not about the level of my annoyance nor is it about your personal experience... ^^

As I mentioned it's a glitch that's fairly known (just Google it) and since this forum is meant for users experiencing issues with Win 8 it's only common sense and good practice to ask the question here as others might benefit from the solution in the future as well.

So now I know you don't have this issue nor do you have a solution. Now I'd rather see a response from someone who does (no offense intended).