focus ?

on my digitel 8 if i set my focus to manuel on something 2 meters away how
can you tell the depth of field .
thanks Rob.

Basically you cannot. Depth of field is a factor of how wide the aperture is
set, the wider the aperture setting then the shallower is the depth of
field, the smaller the aperture then the deeper the depth of field. So we
can extrapolate from that, is a subject is well lit then the depth of field
will be better that for the same object poorly lit.

"Your-Nice" <Your-Nice@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> on my digitel 8 if i set my focus to manuel on something 2 meters away
how
> can you tell the depth of field .
> thanks Rob.

thanks that sorts things out for next time a bit more lighting.

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 12:50:17 GMT, "Your-Nice" <Your-Nice@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>on my digitel 8 if i set my focus to manuel on something 2 meters away how
>can you tell the depth of field .

Probably from 1 meter to infinity :) (nah, just joking). The DoF
depends on the distance, focal length, aperture and size of your
image-receiver. There is plenty of software out there which can do
DoF-calculations, for PC, Mac and handhelds. I've used P-Cam for
Palm-OS for a while, and that one has pre-sets for video.

cheers

-martin-

--
My e-mail address is a frequently changing random one to pollute spammer's
databases. I all encourage you to do the same :)

Thanks i will add more light and as she wont be moving much it should be ok
:)