Question Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (3rd Gen) USB device not recognized in Win10?

hulkbuster

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Hello folks, i'll make it quick and easy. On the month of Feb, i purchased Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (3rd Gen) to record my audio vocals which i need to make videos. So few days earlier i was recording, and had successfully made 3 recordings as i wanted to split the files so to not make it larger. I thought it would be easy while editing the bits and pieces of audio in the video editor software.
I want to say while u register you are liable to get a software for recording audios from Focusrite. Its called Ableton Live 10 or 11 ver.
So as i was recording my last clip i was speaking to the microphone and then accidentally my elbow pressed on the space button and it must have triggered something in Ableton Live; and in few secs it said recording failed and the USB Focusrite device is not detected.
After that i tried to re-insert the cables in and out and still Win 10 displayed the message, " The USB device is not recognized".
I tried uninstalling the software and the drivers and re-installed it and still the device is unrecognized.
So after few days this audio interface is with me and i think i have bricked it.
But i also saw a video in youtube where someone used another software called iLOK software, that will show all the registered software and in that video. The person just refreshed the interface and then re-inserted the USB cable and lo.... it came alive. I think i too could do that.
Here is the video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg70ZQ73z-I

I installed iLOK software (only for x64bit) and it said site under maintenance till 25th/03/2023. So i am waiting till tomorrow and see if my device is recognized.
Lets presume its not recognized, can anyone suggest some measures to fix it. I desperately need to make those recordings and submit my project.
Any suggestion is welcomed.

hulkbuster
@Aeacus i look forward to ur expert opinion as well.

ILok is not needed for the 2i2, nor for Ableton Live.

Are you getting any sound from the interface (YouTube, Games)? Does it light up?

Are you sure you've reinstalled the correct drivers?

Pressing a key while in Live would not brick the interface.

Make sure the 2i2 is correctly selected in prefrances.

I will gladly help as I have a 2i2 and use Live.

hulkbuster

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
U know for the past 3-4 days i was in contact with the Focusrite Team and since i had purchased it from Indian Amazon. They told me to send the unit and would repair it and send it back.
I too think that something must have fried up inside.
Anyways i will keep this thread unsolved and will post when anything positive happens.
Thanks for ur reply.