Folder became a 32k file

One of my folders storing 40+g of information *not a drive* became a 32k file
now, and i'm not really sure what happened, upon trying to create a folder of
the same name, i recieved an error that the folder name already existed. It
seems like I see the folder, but it is being accessed as a unknown file. if
someone could help me i would be greatly appreciative. thanks.

Hi, I have the same problem, and there is very important data. Please help us. Thanks.