[SOLVED] Folder got corrupted on my flash drive and I can't delete it nor move it. I need help

Siffy_1

Reputable
Mar 15, 2017
I keep getting error code 0x80070570 whenever I try to move/delete this folder. I tried running CMD as Admin and tried to delete it but still can't. When I tried to go to Properties>Tools>Error Check it got stuck there for hours. Idk what to do now, and because of this corrupted folder my flash drive can't be read by other devices other than my laptop.

Solution
You can try CCleaner and do a "wipe free space" which essentially turns all 1's to 0's on the open spaces of the drive. Since you say you can't delete that folder, try going to partition manager in windows and format or delete the volume completely then try it. Worst case is you have a physical issue where the cells themselves are corrupted and are permanently done for.

Also you can try using diskpart to erase the partition or set it to a simple data partition then delete it. You'll need to learn how to do that on your own through tutorials, a simple google search will suffice.
You can try CCleaner and do a "wipe free space" which essentially turns all 1's to 0's on the open spaces of the drive. Since you say you can't delete that folder, try going to partition manager in windows and format or delete the volume completely then try it. Worst case is you have a physical issue where the cells themselves are corrupted and are permanently done for.

Also you can try using diskpart to erase the partition or set it to a simple data partition then delete it. You'll need to learn how to do that on your own through tutorials, a simple google search will suffice.

Solution