Folder maximum capacity in Windows 2000

I would like to know how much is a folder maximum capacity in Windows 2000.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Benoit

Hi, Benoit.

I'm not sure what you mean by "folder maximum capacity". Are you asking
about numbers of files? Or Gigabytes? Or what?

In any case, these pages should be helpful:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/default.asp?url=/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/prork/prdf_fls_pxjh.asp

I'm not sure it that takes you to the exact page; if not, navigate to the
page titled, "File Systems".

Or see:
Size Limitations in NTFS and FAT File Systems
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prkc_fil_tdrn.asp

The capacity depends more on the FILE system (FAT32 v. NTFS) than on the
operating system (Win2K v. WinXP).

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Benoit" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to know how much is a folder maximum capacity in Windows 2000.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Benoit

Thank you R. C. White!

The file system on the actual PC is NTFS.
I am asking about the maximum in size in Gigabytes?

Thank you for you help - much appreciated.

Benoit

Hi, Benoit.

Please click on the link I gave you - and read it.

And if you post back, please ask a question that can be answered. "Folder
capacity" is meaningless to me. All your hard drive (Terabytes, if you've
got that much) can be in a single folder. So, what are you actually asking?

RC