Folder needs 3rd party software

Tony_186

Honorable
Jun 3, 2017
Hi

I one day noticed that when i double click the folder it just pops up a message :
this file is not associated with any program in order to be able to perform this operation. create a link in the folder options folders.

Sorry for the bad translation as i put in through translate and we all know how that works.
So i tried to right click and click open and it opened, but i don't understand why it doesn't open normally.
So the other day i was downloading a mod for a game and when i got it set up and clicked the icon and the same thing popped up. I tried downloading a different mod and the same thing happened.
When i try to open stuff or the message above pops up or if i open first computer then a folder it says use on of these programs, like 7zip file manager and such. Maybe i deleted something i shouldn't have but everything else works fine. I tried looking up a solution and i even googled windows xp folder software but nothing useful came up.

Thanks in advance
Toni

What is this "the folder" exactly? You are starting in the middle here, seems the issue is with some mod you downloaded, what exactly was the format of this download, was is a compressed file? Need exact details as to what you downloaded and what exactly is the message. If it tells you to use a program like 7zip which works with compression, did you?