Rachel

So I'm played with the folder options over and over and for some reason ever
though I have clicked open folder in same window and "launch folder window in
a seperate process" is NOT clicked, for some reason when I double click to
open a folder it still opens it with a new window. Also, under file types it
won't let me edit or remove the commands for folder, drive, and file folder.
Anyone know what's up?
--
"just a collection of recollections
conversations consisting

Rachel,

This happens if one adds additional commands for Folders/Drives via Folder
Options, File Types dialog, and making modifications to the "File Folders".
To remove additonal commands that you added to "File Folders", you need to
edit the registry

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell

"Find" is the only sub-keys present by default (added by Windows XP).
Remaining ones can be deleted safely. But, be sure to backup the registry
before deleting the keys.

Then, execute this command from Start/Run:
(Tip from David Candy)

regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Rachel" <dancing_midnight_rose@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> So I'm played with the folder options over and over and for some reason
> ever
> though I have clicked open folder in same window and "launch folder window
> in
> a seperate process" is NOT clicked, for some reason when I double click to
> open a folder it still opens it with a new window. Also, under file types
> it
> won't let me edit or remove the commands for folder, drive, and file
> folder.
> Anyone know what's up?
> --
> "just a collection of recollections
> conversations consisting
> of the kind of marks we make
> when we're trying to get a pen to work again.
> A lifetime of them."-Ani Difranco "True Story of what was"

Thanks buddy........nice work done by you....I was too much upset by this problem.....you make me feel better from that.............

Thanks 1ce again..........

:sol: