Folder Opens on Login

Roger

Win XP Home SP2 with all updates installed.
I have 1 Admin, 2 Limited User, and 1 Quest account setup for Win XP
Home. When I sign in to either Limited account a folder that looks like
a My Computer browser folder (not Windows Exployer) opens up a specific
folder. This doesn't happen in Admin or the Quest account login. The
program that this folder contains was installed while I was in the Admin
account. How do I stop this window from opening? I've used msconfig to
check for this folder being opened from a startup folder but it wasn't
listed. I used regedit and checked the Local
Machine/........../microsoft/...../Run etc., etc, lines but no luck. The
folder is named c:\microsoft\ and contain another folder (PR-Parser)that
contains several files.
How do I stop this folder from opening which only occurs in the Limited
Accounts? Thanks.

Perhaps you are referring to the Port Repoter Parser, a log parser for Port
Reporter log files.

"Availability and description of the Port Reporter tool"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;837243&Product=win2000

Ted Zieglar

"Roger" <roglc@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
> Win XP Home SP2 with all updates installed.
> I have 1 Admin, 2 Limited User, and 1 Quest account setup for Win XP Home.
> When I sign in to either Limited account a folder that looks like a My
> Computer browser folder (not Windows Exployer) opens up a specific
> folder. This doesn't happen in Admin or the Quest account login. The
> program that this folder contains was installed while I was in the Admin
> account. How do I stop this window from opening? I've used msconfig to
> check for this folder being opened from a startup folder but it wasn't
> listed. I used regedit and checked the Local
> Machine/........../microsoft/...../Run etc., etc, lines but no luck. The
> folder is named c:\microsoft\ and contain another folder (PR-Parser)that
> contains several files.
> How do I stop this folder from opening which only occurs in the Limited
> Accounts? Thanks.

Roger

I set the Port Reporter tool service to manual and off. But it is the My
Computer window directory for the "parser tool"
("c:\programfiles\microsoft") that is opened on the desktop whenever I
log into either of my Limited Accounts. Something is telling that window
to open.