Folder redirection - security descriptor is invalid

HELP!?
I have read on the groups alot of fixes for this but Im getting no
where.
This is the error Im getting in event viewer on the xp client:

Failed to perform redirection of folder My Documents. The files for the
redirected folder could not be moved to the new location. The folder is
configured to be redirected to <\\server1\GENERAL\%USERNAME%\My
Documents>. Files were being moved from <C:\Documents and
Settings\user1\My Documents> to <\\server1\GENERAL\user1\My Documents>.
The following error occurred while copying <C:\Documents and
Settings\user1\My Documents\desktop.ini> to <\\server1\GENERAL\user1\My
Documents\desktop.ini>:
The security descriptor structure is invalid.

Obviously when the user first logged in, the server created the folder
in \\server\GENERAL but doesnt continue after that. Can someone please
offer me some advice on this or possibly a solution?

Thanks,

Kendall.

Hi Kendall,

Pls take a look at this.

Folder Redirection feature in Windows

br,
Denis

"" wrote:
> HELP!?
> I have read on the groups alot of fixes for this but Im
> getting no
> where.
> This is the error Im getting in event viewer on the xp client:
>
> Failed to perform redirection of folder My Documents. The
> files for the
> redirected folder could not be moved to the new location. The
> folder is
> configured to be redirected to
> <\server1GENERAL%USERNAME%My
> Documents>. Files were being moved from <C:Documents and
> Settingsuser1My Documents> to <\server1GENERALuser1My
> Documents>.
> The following error occurred while copying <C:Documents and
> Settingsuser1My Documentsdesktop.ini> to
> <\server1GENERALuser1My
> Documentsdesktop.ini>:
> The security descriptor structure is invalid.
>
> Obviously when the user first logged in, the server created
> the folder
> in \serverGENERAL but doesnt continue after that. Can
> someone please
> offer me some advice on this or possibly a solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kendall.

Hi,

Move the contents of the My Documents Manually and then in the Group
Policy UNTICK the "move contents of My Documents to new location"
under Folder Redirection - Advanced tab. This should be done to
prevent this.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Folder-redirection-security-descriptor-invalid-ftopict415062.html