Question Folder Sharing and ping not working

kaipirinha

Commendable
Dec 27, 2018
Ping and folder- and file sharing do not work on/between both(!) of my Computers, with Windows 10 2004, one with professional, one with home Edition. Where do filesharing and ping (ICMPv4 Echo request) need to be configured, except the firewall and the sharing center? I could name 100 combinations of settings I have tried, but I am trying to make this simple:
In the sharing center I have enabled everything regarding folder- and file sharing I can find, making my PC as irresponsibly unsecured as I can, for public and private network profiles alike. For the windows defender firewall I have enabled every exception rule I can find inbound and outbound, for both network types. I even disabled the firewall completely. The result is always the same. Also setting the network profile to public or private does not matter.
This is very frustrating, when trying to understand networking in Windows. Can anyone help me?

Strangely, when I ping the PC with home Edition one package is returned most of the time (75% loss). Internet connection and ping to router are fine from both by the way. They have IP-Addresses on the same subnet.

kaipirinha

Commendable
Dec 27, 2018
one PC is on wifi, one on cable.
I have installed a ping app on my phone in the same subnet (on wifi). It can ping both windows systems. Both windows can ping the phone. Both windows can not ping each other.