Folder View in Windows Explorer

Brad

When I open Windows Explorer, it always opens to My Documents, fully expanded
.. . .

I want it to open so that the first thing I see are all the drives. Then, I
can open C and go into the directories. Please give me the steps so that
Explorer opens default as described. Thanks.
--
Brad

Brad wrote:
> When I open Windows Explorer, it always opens to My Documents, fully expanded
> . . .
>
> I want it to open so that the first thing I see are all the drives. Then, I
> can open C and go into the directories. Please give me the steps so that
> Explorer opens default as described. Thanks.

Basically, all you need do is modify the target field of your
Windows Explorer shortcut to point where you want it. In you case,
"%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e ,c:\" (without the quotes) should do the
trick.

Command-Line Switches for Windows Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q130510

WinNT Explorer Command-Line Options
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q152/4/57.asp

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Brad

"Bruce Chambers" wrote:

> Brad wrote:
> > When I open Windows Explorer, it always opens to My Documents, fully expanded
> > . . .
> >
> > I want it to open so that the first thing I see are all the drives. Then, I
> > can open C and go into the directories. Please give me the steps so that
> > Explorer opens default as described. Thanks.
>

> Basically, all you need do is modify the target field of your
> Windows Explorer shortcut to point where you want it. In you case,
> "%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e ,c:\" (without the quotes) should do the
> trick.
>
> Command-Line Switches for Windows Explorer
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q130510
>
> WinNT Explorer Command-Line Options
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q152/4/57.asp
>

> --