Question folder view options keep resetting is there a registry hack??

dj3642a

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2015
No idea why it seems more and more I have to do registry hacks to get windows to act correctly. Its aggravating. I am now using a fresh install. But still windows acts up. The latest is my folder view options. I go into file explorer. Make changes to folders and how I want them viewed./. like large icons.. etc.. then I click on VIEW, Options.. then VIEW again under folder options and click on “apply to all folders” it wont stick.. because as I browse my system. Folders are not looking like I had them saved.. and I have to keep redoing this over and over. Is there a registry hack to make this permanent once and for all?? Or am I not doing this correctly??

dj3642a

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2015
"Apply to all folders" applies to "All folders with current view". If you have "Customize."-d your folder view to hold eg Pictures, and then changed view with "Apply to all folders", this will apply to all folders with view set to Pictrues.

is there not a way to GLOBALLY make ALL folders regardless of where they are a certain way.. this is what i want to do. i keep having to change my folders to LARGE.. quite often. and its very tedious to have to do it over and over if the folders are in different categories.. i simply want all of my folders to be large..