[SOLVED] Folder-windows close by themselves after copying is complete ?

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
Good Day,

Yesterday I did a fresh install on my pc (new 1tb samsung 970 evo plus ssd). I finished installing everything (drivers,programs, antivirus etc. ) So I decided while I watch tv I am going to copy my stuff (documents,important things,movies etc) from my external hdd to my storage hdd (2tb wd black). Like usual I opened the two folder-windows (copy from and copy to). I saw that the copying has been finished so I decided to finish watching the movie on the tv so I did not touch pc yet.
I realized that after finished copying (about 1 hour) the two folder-windows just closed themselves.

I use to do the same after every new install and it never happened before.

Anyone has idea what and why happened this?
Should I worry?

All the drivers the latest ones. Everything has been downloaded from the official websites.

My pc specs.:
Motherboard: Msi Z490 Unify
Cpu: I7 10700k
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
Vga: Msi Rtx 2080 Ti GamingX Trio
Ssd: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1tb M.2
Hdd: 2tb Wd Black
Memory: 2x16gb Hyperx Fury 3200mhz
Psu: Seasonic Focus Plus PX 850w Platinum
Case: BeQuiet Pure Base 500Dx
Windows version: Windows 10 64bit 20H2

Thanks for your replies.

Solution
So long as your data from the external drive is on the drive in you system, I'd say leave it be. Unless you're worried that the installer might be corrupt. Speaking of which, did you create the installer for Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tools?

Might want to also keep an eye on the system and see if the system rebooted while you were away, that could explain why the folders might be missing.

Lutfij

Titan
So long as your data from the external drive is on the drive in you system, I'd say leave it be. Unless you're worried that the installer might be corrupt. Speaking of which, did you create the installer for Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tools?

Might want to also keep an eye on the system and see if the system rebooted while you were away, that could explain why the folders might be missing.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
Thanks for Your reply. Luckily the folders are not missing. Only the closing automatically is my problem. The system do not restart itself luckily. That what I was thinking about corrupt windows file. I have created the boot pendrive by using Windows Media Creation tool. I am planning in the weekend to make another one and do a new Fresh Install to see what is going to happen. Might be drive is faulty. So I will make a new pendrive.

Thanks again. I will let You know about the results.

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
Hi all,

Thanks for your help. For sure the problem was the boot pendrive. Maybe some file was corrupted. I reinstalled the windows again and finished everything. I copied the files again and I left the folders to be opened after finished copying for one hour and nothing happend. It stayed the way I left it :)

Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS