Folder with 3K size is empty

I had an folder in my temp directory called 2392-4-2114-10-3-18-2-0-154.
When I right-clicked on the properties, it said it the size was 3K, but
nothing showed up on the list of files and sub-folders.

I had the "Hide system files" option turned off, so I assume I should have
seen every file and folder.

Are there categories of files that are hidden? I"m running WinXP Home
Edition.
Is there a way to hack the size of the folder data?

"margaret bartley" <may04_NOT_THIS_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> I had an folder in my temp directory called
> 2392-4-2114-10-3-18-2-0-154. When I right-clicked on the properties,
> it said it the size was 3K, but nothing showed up on the list of
> files and sub-folders.
>
> I had the "Hide system files" option turned off, so I assume I should
> have seen every file and folder.
>
> Are there categories of files that are hidden? I"m running WinXP Home
> Edition.
> Is there a way to hack the size of the folder data?

Sure there are other hidden files. Set Windows Explorer To Show hidden
files and folders. (Tools | Folder Options | View).

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com