Folders/File-Explorer won't open

Ravana

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
Hi,

I Just recieved my new desktop PC a few days ago with a clean windows 10 install.
After just a 2-3 days im suddenly unable to open any folders/file explorer.

Yesterday I formatted and reinstalled windows. And after just 10-12 hours I can no longer open any folders, again.

I have recorded a video of how it looks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDN0WYnx2BI

As you can see the screen flashes briefly and then all the icons rearrange on the desktop.
Im fairly experienced with windows but I have no idea what to do.

Programs i have installed:
- Some Blizzard games
- Office 2010
- Dropbox

Thanks in advance

Hi,

This seems to be part of those weird glitches that Windows 10 has. I would suggest running Windows Update and install all the important updates there is available. If all other programs or browsers are opening normally that means it's problem with the operating system itself. So far that's the only solution that I can find about that issue. Also do run SFC/SCANNOW command in command prompt that may help as well.

Ravana

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
All updates are installed.

But when i ran the SFC/SCANNOW i found some corrupted files that couldn't be repaired:
\SystemRoot\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft.windows.powershell.v3.common_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10586.0_none_2e64ddcd625d5821\Microsoft.PowerShell.Host.psd1 do not match actual file [l:30]"Microsoft.PowerShell.Host.psd1" :

And then:
00004d0d [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:30]"Microsoft.PowerShell.Host.psd1" of Microsoft.Windows.PowerShell.V3.Common, version 10.0.10586.0, arch Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch

And then:
[SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:80 ml:81]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Microsoft.PowerShell.Host"\[l:30]"Microsoft.PowerShell.Host.psd1"; source file in store is also corrupted

I have no idea what causes this, or how to fix it.
Any suggestions?

SydRic

Commendable
Jun 10, 2016
I just had started having the same problems, and the things we have in common is windows 10, and Dropbox. I wonder if having a Dropbox folder in file explorer is the issue. Although for me a simple reboot fixes it.

Don_71570

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
I encountered this problem and a fix that worked for me was to create a new shortcut on the desktop (right click on an empty part of the desktop).
Browse to c:\windows and click on "explorer" or "explorer.exe" and click on "OK".
Click "Next" and "Finish".
Right click on the new shortcut and select "Properties"
On the "Shortcut" tab, where it says Target, add " /?" (without the quotes) That is space slash questionmark.
Click on OK.
Double click on the shortcut to verify that it works.
Right click on the taskbar icon - it creates on when it is running - and select "Pin to taskbar" - if you would like it accessible from the taskbar.

TRENDING THREADS