Folders & Files from Nowhere... can't be deleted

I have two folders on my secondary or slave hard drive.
They just appeared last week. Nothing of note happened to
cause them that I am aware of. They will not delete,
won't open and are gobbledygook names. I can't reproduce
them here because I can't access some of the symbols that
are used in them.

I also have a file that is 4,109,763 KBs and it, too, has
an unreadable name and won't delete. HELP..........

Thank you.

pizzaman

sounds like data corruption. I'd check the drives for bad sectors ASAP
so you don't end up losing any important data which could have been
prevented otherwise.

Is your FS NTFS or Fat type?