Folders will not inherit Permissions

Richard

My F Drive shows Full Control permission for Administrators. I have
administrator rights. However, despite the F Drive permission being for All
folders, sub-folders & files, the sub-folders will not inherit the Full
Control showing only read and execute. i have tried setting them to inherit
permissions etc but nothing works. I have also set myself up as a named user
with full control and still it does not work!! Any ideas?

How many time do you need to post this...?

"Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My F Drive shows Full Control permission for Administrators. I have
> administrator rights. However, despite the F Drive permission being for
All
> folders, sub-folders & files, the sub-folders will not inherit the Full
> Control showing only read and execute. i have tried setting them to
inherit
> permissions etc but nothing works. I have also set myself up as a named
user
> with full control and still it does not work!! Any ideas?

Richard

Sorry, but every time I posted the question I got the response that the
message had not been accepted and I should try again later - I did. None were
'accepted' until, of course, I looked in the message listing and found it
there 5 times!!!

"Nick Burns" wrote:

> How many time do you need to post this...?
>
> "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My F Drive shows Full Control permission for Administrators. I have
> > administrator rights. However, despite the F Drive permission being for
> All
> > folders, sub-folders & files, the sub-folders will not inherit the Full
> > Control showing only read and execute. i have tried setting them to
> inherit
> > permissions etc but nothing works. I have also set myself up as a named
> user
> > with full control and still it does not work!! Any ideas?

I guess I jumped the gun. Later on.