Folders will not inherit permissions

Richard

My F Drive shows Full Control permission for Administrators. I have
administrator rights. However, despite the F Drive permission being for All
folders, sub-folders & files, the sub-folders will not inherit the Full
Control showing only read and execute. i have tried setting them to inherit
permissions etc but nothing works. I have also set myself up as a named user
with full control and still it does not work!! Any ideas?

Sandman

you certainly are having no problem with multiple postings to newsgroups...
"Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My F Drive shows Full Control permission for Administrators. I have
> administrator rights. However, despite the F Drive permission being for
All
> folders, sub-folders & files, the sub-folders will not inherit the Full
> Control showing only read and execute. i have tried setting them to
inherit
> permissions etc but nothing works. I have also set myself up as a named
user
> with full control and still it does not work!! Any ideas?

Richard

As I said for Nick - the system stated that I had failed to post and to try
again - I did only to find later that they had all gone through - sorry. Pity
though not one answer to my question!!!