Folding@Home: THGC Needs You -Team 40051

Page 100 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Sounds like a Cisco telecommunications center if you ask me.

Basically, a big room where people across the world can Skype together, and learn together. I may be wrong, but, the idea is great.

Good Luck on your tours. Wish you well and God bless.

Thats what it sounds like to me as well. Just cant wait to get in there. :bounce:

Wish you a good day as well. :)

Stay in school, its less stressful than work. [:aford10:1]

TPF actually 32 mins, the v7 only gives you an estimated time of 36 mins but checking the log its 32 mins.

This makes better reading with the re-installed OS, its Folding bigadv, just CPU, look at the idle temp of the Asus GTX460.

unledl.png

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
TPF actually 32 mins, the v7 only gives you an estimated time of 36 mins but checking the log its 32 mins.

This makes better reading with the re-installed OS, its Folding bigadv, just CPU, look at the idle temp of the Asus GTX460.

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/6047/unledl.png
Yeah...something is definitely wrong with mine; it's showing 47 min TPF and the log says about the same.

Those are nice temps for a GTX 460; though, they did "sip" power compared to other GTX 4xx cards. ;) Does that have a custom cooler or is it reference?

hmmm not sure about that. i know that v7 has the ability of downloading wu's as soon as your uploading them but that doesn't seam to be whats going on. :heink: Maybe you should go to the folding forums and post your issue there. The mods there, if it's a repeatable issue, will make a ticket so that the F@H makers can look into it and fix it.

although for and update on the V7, some where i could of sworn that i saw a post from one of the mods saying that there will be V7.1.23 here soon. (currently on V7.1.21) this should be fixing a lot of bugs that have been discovered since it launched in open-beta.

Now for me, i haven't had an issue with v7 client yet. Although im not what you would call a power user so im mainly running on smp.

Now about the TPF's and points stuff, yeah people have notice that as well. Now i cant explain the points issue but for TPF, they do a different method of calculating which is they take the entire log of tpf (from when you started to current frame) and average it out instead of like last 3 frames or what ever. Basically, if you stop the client and start it back up, you get a different tpf than what you just saw a bit ago.

hope this helps.

Thanks Warmon, I've posted it over at the Forum.

Having read a few posts over there it seems that the smaller wu's I'm picking up are actually smp but the v7 doesn't show the bonus points.

Checked on EOC and a couple of 4k+ credits on my production board so must be them.

Just don't wanna lose the bigadv unit when its nearly 3/4 done, its status is still - Send???

restart the client or even the computer? [:grahamlv:3]

Even im not sure whats going on about that status isssue. :??:

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010

Well, that is actually quite a bit less PPD than I expected. Do you constantly fold with the 5970 and only get 15k PPD?

theMOLECULARman

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011

yeah, I leave it on while Im at work. 24 hour cycle will get me 15-16K PPD. However with previous versions I was lucky to get 4500 PPD. So a 3x improvement is at least encouraging. Besides its still in beta.

side note. My avatar wont display.... its a jpg that is 16kB and is 85x85 px. (meets the requirements of THG).

Nice to have you on board MM, hang on we already have a MM the Mouseman, you can be the Moleman. :D

That certainly is a vast improvement for an ATI card.

Like Dogman said it can take a while for Avatars to show up, make sure you load it from the .com site and not .co.uk, coz it don't work very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.