(*.FON) Fonts Are Not Showing In Word

Hello everyone. When choosing a font through “Format� in MSWord (officeXP), I
can only see the “True Type Font Files� (i.e. Arial.TTF). However, in my font
folder I can see “True Type Font Files(.ttf)� and “Font Files(.fon)� (i.e.
Script.FON).

How can I make sure that when I choose a font through MSWord format, that I
see all the fonts available in the font folder? Thanks.

Mahonek

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:21:01 -0800, Mahonek wrote:

> Hello everyone. When choosing a font through ´Format¡ in MSWord (officeXP), I
> can only see the ´True Type Font Files¡ (i.e. Arial.TTF). However, in my font
> folder I can see ´True Type Font Files(.ttf)¡ and ´Font Files(.fon)¡ (i.e.
> Script.FON).
>
> How can I make sure that when I choose a font through MSWord format, that I
> see all the fonts available in the font folder? Thanks.
>

> Mahonek

Not all fonts are available to all programs. There are different font
formats, TTF and FON are just two types. One format may be more well-suited
for a particular program or type of display than another. One use for *.FON
files is to display characters on the screen. An article describing this
use can be found here:
http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_03716

To learn more about font files in general:

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci212137,00.html
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/default.mspx
http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?View=en-us&p=4&c=10&st=b&qu=.FON&na=31&cm=512
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

I do apoligize and more importantly appreciate your response.

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:47:02 -0800, Mahonek wrote:

> I do apoligize and more importantly appreciate your response.

No apology necessary. I hope my response helped you to find the answer you
were looking for.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User