Question FONDUE.exe constantly popping up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2022
Actually, there are multiple copies of it:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Fondue.exe

C:\Windows\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft-windows-o..onalfeatures-fondue_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.19041.1_none_09fac50a5fe3aec5\Fondue.exe

C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-o..onalfeatures-fondue_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.19041.1_none_ffa61ab82b82ecca\Fondue.exe

Is that a virus ?

Actually, there are multiple copies of it:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Fondue.exe

C:\Windows\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft-windows-o..onalfeatures-fondue_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.19041.1_none_09fac50a5fe3aec5\Fondue.exe

C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-o..onalfeatures-fondue_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.19041.1_none_ffa61ab82b82ecca\Fondue.exe

Is that a virus ?
Quick Google search for fondue.exe:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/fondue

Colif

Win 11 Master
the syswow64 folders are used for 32 bit applications, so its why there is a version of it in those folders. its common for some parts of windows to be in more than one location. Same thing happens with explorer.exe as well

WinSxS is a Windows system folder that stores files necessary to recover your system. System updates can be downloaded onto your system then stored in your WinSxS folder.

which version of win 10

1. right click start
  2. choose run...
  3. type winver and press enter
  4. current version is 21H2
also, try this:
  1. right click start button
  2. choose powershell (admin)
  3. type SFC /scannow and press enter
  4. once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
  5. Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

I assume you know what Rocard.exe is as I can't find it online?

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2022
the syswow64 folders are used for 32 bit applications, so its why there is a version of it in those folders. its common for some parts of windows to be in more than one location. Same thing happens with explorer.exe as well

WinSxS is a Windows system folder that stores files necessary to recover your system. System updates can be downloaded onto your system then stored in your WinSxS folder.

which version of win 10

1. right click start
  2. choose run...
  3. type winver and press enter
  4. current version is 21H2
also, try this:
  1. right click start button
  2. choose powershell (admin)
  3. type SFC /scannow and press enter
  4. once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
  5. Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

I assume you know what Rocard.exe is as I can't find it online?

Thanks, I did that and got this:

View: https://imgur.com/a/6mdQe55

And then this:

View: https://imgur.com/a/l0AVRb6

So far so good... no Fondue popups

As for Rocard.exe: I cannot find it anywhere on google and it turns up no result on my PC. Could it be invisible?

Colif

Win 11 Master
System File Checker may have fixed the pop up as I can't say I seen it before.

Guess we wait and see.

Rocard.exe. it could be a part of windows. I can't find any reference at all to it. Which is strange.
I would run malwarebytes or an AV scan just to make sure its nothing suspicious.

Jan 21, 2022
System File Checker may have fixed the pop up as I can't say I seen it before.

Guess we wait and see.

Rocard.exe. it could be a part of windows. I can't find any reference at all to it. Which is strange.
I would run malwarebytes or an AV scan just to make sure its nothing suspicious.

I already ran Malwarebytes and AVG , both clean apart from this:

View: https://imgur.com/a/dOM5lZt

Ralston18

Titan
Just a quick comment regarding rocard.exe

Seems vaguely familiar - very old and long ago though....

May be some sort of old roledex card software or something that has just used the filename to mask itself?

Any references in Task Manager > Startup or Task Scheduler?

Is there a process running in the background?

Startup folder is Task Manager>Startup Items right? It doesn't appear there

You'll find the instructions for Windows 10 about 1/3 or so down the page. There are actually 2 startup folders in Win 10. Task manager isn't how you get there.

Reactions: tomshardwareuser7
Status
Not open for further replies.