Fonts in NFS Underground not displaying correctly

I just installed NFS Underground, only to find that the fonts on the Main
Menu (after the initial videos finish playing) are completely illegible. All
that I can see is boxes where the text should be. Is there any way to fix
this... hopefully without re-installing? *crosses fingers*

> I just installed NFS Underground, only to find that the fonts on the Main
> Menu (after the initial videos finish playing) are completely illegible. All
> that I can see is boxes where the text should be. Is there any way to fix
> this... hopefully without re-installing? *crosses fingers*

Turn up ansiotrophic settings on your video card driver.

"Jeff Reid" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > I just installed NFS Underground, only to find that the fonts on the
Main
> > Menu (after the initial videos finish playing) are completely illegible.
All
> > that I can see is boxes where the text should be. Is there any way to
fix
> > this... hopefully without re-installing? *crosses fingers*
>
> Turn up ansiotrophic settings on your video card driver.
>

> That's a big word! ;)

I just assumed that a required font(s) were not installed. Why would the
Anisotropic settings have anything to do with it? *me scratches head*

Either way, I'm looking up that big word you just said in case that's the
solution :)

> I just assumed that a required font(s) were not installed. Why would the
> Anisotropic settings have anything to do with it? *me scratches head*

Because the text is implemented with some 3d aspects affected by the
ansiotropic filtering.

> I just installed NFS Underground, only to find that the fonts on the Main
> Menu (after the initial videos finish playing) are completely illegible.
All
> that I can see is boxes where the text should be. Is there any way to fix
> this... hopefully without re-installing? *crosses fingers*

What graphics card do you have? I had all sorts of problems on an old
Geforce card that only had 32Mb od RAM on board. Once swapped to a 64Mb card
it was all OK.

Adam S

> What graphics card do you have? I had all sorts of problems on an old
> Geforce card that only had 32Mb od RAM on board. Once swapped to a 64Mb
card
> it was all OK.
>
> Adam S
>
> Yeah, mine's only 32MB :(

I think it's time for an upgrade... or an entirely new computer.

"Scu" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > What graphics card do you have? I had all sorts of problems on an old
> > Geforce card that only had 32Mb od RAM on board. Once swapped to a 64Mb
> card
> > it was all OK.
> >
> > Adam S
> >
> > Yeah, mine's only 32MB :(
>
> I think it's time for an upgrade... or an entirely new computer.

There should be a 'ReadMe.txt' file in the support folder of where the game
is installed on your PC, this give lots of info on graphic cards and known
problems.

I have NFSU running quite happly on an AMD 1300MHz Duron, with 512MB ram and
an old Sparkle Geforce 3 Ti200 64Mb graphics card, most of the graphic
options are there (except crowds) and that card is only DirectX8, so you may
not need to get a completly new PC, but is is a good excuse :)

Adam S