Question For 1 minute frames are good and then they drops heavily

May 11, 2019
So I have i3 3220 4gb ddr5 zotac gtx 1650 graphics card and 12gb of ddr3 ram and I get like good frames in games but after 1 minute or so the frames goes to 15 and 20 why is this happening

May 11, 2019
Which POWER SUPPLY unit are you using ? Have you monitored the GPU and CPU temps while gaming ? Any signs of overheating ? What all PC GAMES are you playing on the GTX 1650 ? Are you on 1080p ?
Actually my gpu tempratures goes to 92 and CPU is at 67 or low and I was playing watch dogs 2 and tomb raider on 720p I have 450W iball PSU

I have 450W iball PSU

First of all, do NOT use this PSU to power the GTX 1650. Replace it ASAP. That's a very low-end/generic power supply unit made by/sold iBALL, which isn't the very best in terms of quality/reliability/efficiency. Is that one of the INDIAN iBALL model of power supply units (see the image below) ?

92 C TEMP is too HIGH. This is alarming. You need to check if there is proper air flow inside your cabinet as well..........*sorry for typo errors"

71ccrdPArLL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
First of all, do NOT use this PSU to power the GTX 1650. Replace it ASAP. That's a very low-end/generic power supply unit made by/sold iBALL, which isn't the very best in terms of reliability/efficiency.
To be fair, we are talking about a system with a 55 watt CPU and 75 watt graphics card here. I doubt the system's components are ever drawing much more than 200 watts from the PSU. It's probably not a very good power supply, but that kind of load is not likely to be pushing it to its limits.

Could the power supply fail and potentially take other hardware with it? Maybe, but it's not like this is particularly "high-end" hardware to begin with. I guess it comes down to whether they feel the system's hardware is worth the investment in a decent PSU.

May 11, 2019
92C is quite hot for a desktop graphics card. I suspect it is throttling performance once it heats up. Is the fan even spinning under load? What kind of PC case is this installed in and what kind of case fans does it have?
The fan speed is saying 90 and whenever there is a fps drop CPU usage becomes low . I am president iball case see it on Amazon . I don't which fans I have.

May 11, 2019
To be fair, we are talking about a system with a 55 watt CPU and 75 watt graphics card here. I doubt the system's components are ever drawing much more than 200 watts from the PSU. It's probably not a very good power supply, but that kind of load is not likely to be pushing it to its limits.

Could the power supply fail and potentially take other hardware with it? Maybe, but it's not like this is particularly "high-end" hardware to begin with. I guess it comes down to whether they feel the system's hardware is worth the investment in a decent PSU.
Hey plz help

liamwhalley20

Prominent
Nov 27, 2018
Fps drops are most likely caused by thermal throttling as 92° is very high, what case are you using and how many fans does it have? How many as intake and how many are exhaust?

On a side note you should also think about changing that psu to a more quality unit

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
May 11, 2019
Fps drops are most likely caused by thermal throttling as 92° is very high, what case are you using and how many fans does it have? How many as intake and how many are exhaust?

On a side note you should also think about changing that psu to a more quality unit
I have Iball president case see it on Amazon and I have one fan from the back of the case