For 4 days now a single computer is stealing all the network from the house (and not even having network for itself)

niksonrex88

Reputable
Mar 4, 2018
So basically the new pc (my relatives) i got was running well on this network from when i got it (a month ago id say) only it didn't want to connect to ethernet. But its fine cause i have a D-Link. 4 days ago network started to slow down real bad. It wouldn't load even a wikipedia page on any device in the house (3 other computers and 2 phones). I was blaming the network provider i was very frustrated. Tho today i tried removing the d link from the new computer and putting it into the older one. Everything got to normal. Only now the new pc has no network BUT every other device is working as it should. This a trojan maybe? Cause i didn't download anything from when i got it. If there was a trojan i guess in some way i triggered it but no idea. I really, really need your help rn guys.
Edit 1: I realised a notepad.exe or windows command processor.exe that take 100% of my cpu open up when the computer is offline. As soon as i get online its gone, WTF!?

Solution
Under start up applications turn all of them off if you don't recognize them/need them. See if that fixes it. Ideally uninstall the problem if you are able to narrow it down.

niksonrex88

Reputable
Mar 4, 2018
i did, says no network is being used, i go where it records how much gb of network was used and its going up by 4mb every second.

Boot into safe mode and see if the problem is still there. This will not load the crapware that came with your pc plus anything you may have done.

You can also disable processes in normal mode that aren't for the system one-by-one until the problem stops to find it.

It's very odd it's not in your resource monitor. Make sure drivers are up-to-date for the network card.

niksonrex88

Reputable
Mar 4, 2018

Ill make an edit, of something that i found out, and i will boot in safe mode.
Yup its gone in safe mode. The notepads arent there and network is working properly.

niksonrex88

Reputable
Mar 4, 2018
Ok imma ask you something. In startup apps i see one called 4b2bf465 (location is in program data) and a vhevbhve.exe in which there are 2 notepads, and 3 windows command processes. I feel like this is the thing that runs those notepads but if its something from microsoft what will happen if i disable it? Btw im very greatful and i cant thank you enough for taking your time, like the others ofc. Edit: Did what you said and it fixed it. Dude id send you money if i had some for this thank you so much.

niksonrex88

Reputable
Mar 4, 2018

What the. I just realised that for some reason i got no notification for this reply. I think i used advanced system care 10 and CCleaner.

TRENDING THREADS