[SOLVED] For a strong graphics card what would my power supply need to be? im looking for a graphics card which could provide at least 144fps

Jul 9, 2020
I'm a newbie to PC gaming and i am very lost so could anyone suggest things to me, my pc does terrible on games like Fortnite and CSGO.

Solution
While you would certainly need a new PSU for a better GPU, having an old FX-6300 limits your options; we're talking about a slow gaming platform that's nearly a decade old now. Now, CS:GO has fairly basic requirements, but newer games you'll really need a rebuild for higher framerates.
Jul 9, 2020
It seems like and older model with only capable of outputting about 360w.
Specs:
  • System: AMD FX-6300 6-Core 3. 5 GHz (4. 1 GHz Turbo) | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 1TB HDD | Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 1GB Dedicated Graphics Card | Display

DSzymborski

Titan
While you would certainly need a new PSU for a better GPU, having an old FX-6300 limits your options; we're talking about a slow gaming platform that's nearly a decade old now. Now, CS:GO has fairly basic requirements, but newer games you'll really need a rebuild for higher framerates.

Solution

DSzymborski

Titan
It will take time but most likely i will have to replace the entire rig, starting with my mother board and psu, any recommendations?

I would save up until you can do the entire rig. As I said, I think you're well past the stage where incremental upgrades make sense. If you upgrade the motherboard, you'll also have to buy a new CPU and new RAM and then they'll be very limited by the GPU. Conversely, if you buy a high-end GPU, then you'll have trouble seeing benefit without that new CPU, RAM, and motherboard. And all will require a new PSU in all likelihood (not sure what you have).