For best picture quality (in 2023) for an Xbox 360 player. 4k TV/1080p TV or Monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
Just curious: As the 360 usually just output 720p is there any reason to use a 4k display for it, If not should I got with a good 1080p TV or Monitor. I play a lot and don't really know the answer as both my TV/Displays are 4k.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Are you dissatisfied with either of your displays or how they perform with your XBox 360? If your displays are functional and perform as they should, then I don't see a reason to spend any money on a lesser display.

Just my $0.02.

-Wolf sends

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
Are you dissatisfied with either of your displays or how they perform with your XBox 360? If your displays are functional and perform as they should, then I don't see a reason to spend any money on a lesser display.

Just my $0.02.

-Wolf sends

No Just was wondering if I might find better picture quality in a gaming monitor or even 1080p. My thinking was I"m basically going blowing up a 720p image to 4k, which "Could" hurt, but it looks ok to me -- its just been a while so I'm not sure what to expect using anything under 1080 gaming.

Wolfshadw

Titan
No Just was wondering if I might find better picture quality in a gaming monitor or even 1080p. My thinking was I"m basically going blowing up a 720p image to 4k, which "Could" hurt, but it looks ok to me -- its just been a while so I'm not sure what to expect using anything under 1080 gaming.
If you can get your hands, temporarily, on a 1080p display, I see no harm in giving it a go, but it's not something I'd spend money on. Only if you can test on a 1080p display and notice a dramatic change in image/performance should you consider spending money on something of lesser quality that what you currently have.

JMO

-Wolf sends

Reactions: minnin90

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
If you can get your hands, temporarily, on a 1080p display, I see no harm in giving it a go, but it's not something I'd spend money on. Only if you can test on a 1080p display and notice a dramatic change in image/performance should you consider spending money on something of lesser quality that what you currently have.

JMO

-Wolf sends

The more I'm playing my 360 on 2 different 4k displays I think it comes down to the game(s). AC 3 looks pretty darn nice for a 2011ish game at 720p on 4k.

Status
Not open for further replies.