For Emulator games: i5 or i7?

NonTechSavvySheep

Honorable
Apr 15, 2016
I'm planning to build desktop and I want to play most games included games that are actually emulated. like some PS2 games or from arcade machine games. As far as I know, Emulators are very not optimized and I might need beefier CPU in addition to beefy GPU.

Should I choose i5 6500, i5 7500, i7 6700 (k) or i7 7700 (k)for my desktop?

is over clocking necessary? if I OC, do I gain significant performance benefit? Thanks

Solution
completely agree with finstar

some emulatorsclove more a certain brand of gpu than ohters, some like nvidia, others amd, that is important too, but that matters more wiht well done emulators, new emulators run on cpu purely, that is what matters most for most emulators
Most cpus nowadays are more than capable of running emulators (unless they're really badly optimized for relatively new consoles, like cemu) if you want the absolutely best cpu for this purpose, get the i5 7600k/i7 7700k and overclock it. if you're on a budget, get the Ryzen 1500x since it's nearly as fast but a lot cheaper.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
completely agree with finstar

some emulatorsclove more a certain brand of gpu than ohters, some like nvidia, others amd, that is important too, but that matters more wiht well done emulators, new emulators run on cpu purely, that is what matters most for most emulators

Solution

Did you ever happen look at the date this was posted?
Why not go tell the people wondering if Athlon 64 is better than Pentium 4 about how much better the i7 8700 is too while you're at it.

TRENDING THREADS