[SOLVED] *FOR GAMING STORAGE*, 2T Intel 660p NVME M.2 (on the 2nd slot) OR a 2T Samsung 860 evo SSD

SteelScorpionX

Reputable
Dec 5, 2019
I'm building my very first gaming pc and i thought about getting a Samsung 970 evo plus nvme m.2 as my main boot drive for windows and startup programs. now for the gaming storage i dont know if i should get a 2TB Intel 660p for the Second m.2 slot or having a Samsung 860 evo SSD (They are about the same price now)
any thought about that?

btw i have a side question, does the 2nd slot m.2 slower than the top one?

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums my friend!

There will be no noticeable difference between NVMe and any SATA interface storage drive in nearly all cases. Gaming especially.
Just go for whichever is cheapest unless you want the benefit of no cables. NVMe is typically only faster in artifical benchmarks in most cases.

as for the slots themselves, it depends on your motherboard.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

There will be no noticeable difference between NVMe and any SATA interface storage drive in nearly all cases. Gaming especially.
Just go for whichever is cheapest unless you want the benefit of no cables. NVMe is typically only faster in artifical benchmarks in most cases.

Solution

SteelScorpionX

Reputable
Dec 5, 2019

Oh i see, thank you very much :D
btw my choice to motherboard is Auros z390 pro