[SOLVED] For goodness' sake, do NOT install any mobo supplied utilities...

jon96789

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
Man... I cannot begin to tell you how screwed up motherboard supplied utilities are... I had installed the MSi Dragon utility on my MSi X570 Gaming Pro Carbon and also ASUS Armoury Crate on my ASUS X570 ROG Crosshair Hero VIII motherboards, and i can attest how screwed up these mobo supplied utilities are. They cause all sort of compatibility issues with other apps, especially Corsair's iCue app. iCue will not recognize some of the Corsair hardware when the motherboard apps are installed, especially their AIO CPU coolers. It messes up any RGB hardware that is installed.

To make matters worse, the mobo utilities cannot be removed cleanly. There are always residue registry entries and mobo services running even after you uninstall the utilities. The only way you can fix the problem is by doing a clean reinstall of Windows and not installing the utilities. You can try and install a Uninstaller app such as Revo or CC Cleaner. Then reinstall the utilities and try to remove them with the uninstaller apps but you will still have remnants left behind.

ASUS even has a sneaky way of running services no matter what you try to do. You have to go into the BIOS and you will see an entry that shows ASUS Armoury Create is enabled on boot up. Until you disable this function in the BIOS, some of ASUS services will always run every time you boot the PC.

I don't know if Gigabyte or Asrock suffer the same issues, but stay away from them. Do a search and see if people have issues with these apps. It will save you some major headaches.

Reactions: tennis2
Solution
Corsair clearly states you cannot run Asus Aura and iCUE at the same time. iCUE can control all motherboard 12V 4 pin RGB headers but not the aRGB 5V headers. To prevent issues disable Aura as suggested.

Or you can run Aura and iCUE if you disable the Asus SDK in the iCUE settings page. But this option cannot sync the lighting of iCUE controlled products and Asus Aura.
Corsair clearly states you cannot run Asus Aura and iCUE at the same time. iCUE can control all motherboard 12V 4 pin RGB headers but not the aRGB 5V headers. To prevent issues disable Aura as suggested.

Or you can run Aura and iCUE if you disable the Asus SDK in the iCUE settings page. But this option cannot sync the lighting of iCUE controlled products and Asus Aura.

Solution