For Great Video Editing!!

Thundrax

Commendable
May 28, 2016
Hello guys I need your help, I've been playing games whole time and I want to get out of it. Now I want to make videos and edit it after with a cinematic look. Here is my current build.

Intel i5 4690k 3.5ghz
ASUS R9 280x 3gb 384bit
MoBo ASRock Pro 4
1TB Seagate barracuda
8gb RAM 1600hz

So basically I want to upgrade this for a better video editing fast process. I want to quit in game
Please help me thanks.

Solution
I recommend upgrading the CPU to a Xeon E3-1231 V3 (you can sell the 4690k to get some money for the upgrade) and upgrading to 32GB of RAM.

If you have more money to spend after that, for further upgrades you can get an SSD as a "scratch disk" (fast storage for exporting projects so you're not bottlenecked by an HDD when you're exporting), and upgrade the GPU (depending on budget and software). You should check whether your preferred editing software allows either CUDA or OpenCL acceleration (for CUDA you should get an Nvidia card and for OpenCL you should get AMD).
I recommend upgrading the CPU to a Xeon E3-1231 V3 (you can sell the 4690k to get some money for the upgrade) and upgrading to 32GB of RAM.

If you have more money to spend after that, for further upgrades you can get an SSD as a "scratch disk" (fast storage for exporting projects so you're not bottlenecked by an HDD when you're exporting), and upgrade the GPU (depending on budget and software). You should check whether your preferred editing software allows either CUDA or OpenCL acceleration (for CUDA you should get an Nvidia card and for OpenCL you should get AMD).

Solution

Thundrax

Commendable
May 28, 2016

I dont know which one to pick but I heard a lot of good things in CUDA specially for editing stuff. Please recommend me some of GPU then ill save it for this :)