Question For how much can I sell my PC?

fonsbocker

Commendable
Mar 25, 2018
I made a list on PC Part Picker... It's not complete, cuz I am not going to sell it with the drives in it. the problem was with the RAM modules, I could only choose 2 of 3x2gb But I actually have 3 x 4GB.
Since there are not much prices available I wanted to ask this...

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/x3HFsk

Drop your opinion please! :D

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Titan
Still not seeing any link.

Before seeing the list, I can tell you straight ahead that you'll be better off selling the components individually. If you're not including drives and already have a FrankenRAM situation (as you would unless your platform is explicitly triple-channel architecture), selling it as a whole would mean you're selling a "mostly" complete PC. Those are the hardest things to move because most of the people who are of the mind to tinker with their PC would want to build the whole PC and most of the people who aren't will want a complete build.

fonsbocker

Commendable
Mar 25, 2018
Before seeing the list, I can tell you straight ahead that you'll be better off selling the components individually. If you're not including drives and already have a FrankenRAM situation (as you would unless your platform is explicitly triple-channel architecture), selling it as a whole would mean you're selling a "mostly" complete PC. Those are the hardest things to move because most of the people who are of the mind to tinker with their PC would want to build the whole PC and most of the people who aren't will want a complete build.

Okay, thanks for this info already. I think ur right. But some of these prices aren't even available... prolly cause they're old or smth

DSzymborski

Titan
I would definitely portion it out. It's the combination of very powerful for the time but also very old. Nobody's going to look to build or buy an x58 PC in 2019, but they may want to replace a part on an already existing x58 build.

Motherboard: $80-$100
Cooler: $10-$20
CPU: $20-$30
RAM: $20-$40
GPU: $100-$125
PSU: $20-$40
Case: $50-$80
DVDRW: $5-$10 (probably not worth the effort).

I say good news on the RAM because people who need to replace the RAM on their old motherboards would be looking for specifically triple-channel RAM, which you appear to have. If it was just 2x2 and another stray stick, eBay is absolutely flooded with old DDR3 RAM.

fonsbocker

Commendable
Mar 25, 2018
I'm doubting of like selling this pc/all the parts and buy a new one... Cuz the CPU is old and not performing great, but I think that is not gonna work out well.