Freezyy

Reputable
Aug 11, 2016
Hello i wan't to ask you how worth is this pc and how much i can get for it.
Computer
Acer Aspire XC-705
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
Processor
Intel® Core™ i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Realtek High Definition Audio

Networking and I/O
D-Link DWA-140 RangeBooster N USB Adapter(rev.B2)
Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller
Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter

Memory
8 GB 1666 mhz
Storage
WDC WD10EZEX-21M2NA0 1TB 7200rpm

Solution
Aside from the link I provided above.
  1. A GTX745 isn't really enough to play games above 720p, so it doesn't increase the value.
  2. It's an OEM machine (Acer)
  3. Assumedly low power PSU, so a GPU upgrade would also require a ~$30 PSU upgrade. (not recommending you buy a new GPU and PSU to raise the resale value, because it won't be a dollar-for-dollar investment.
  4. You're a private seller. People are a little more confident in purchasing from [even questionable] refurb "companies".
  5. It's a 5 year old machine with a non-overclockable CPU...

I mean, maybe you can get $300 US for it. Doesn't hurt to start a little high, just don't go so high that nobody's interested.

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
where do you live? prices seem lower in us than in some other countries.
If you had a GeForce gtx 1050 ti or something like that you would get a better price but gtx 745 lowers your total value.
In my country it would be worth more with that cpu for sure than 200, I would say at least 350 if the psu can be changed. the psu is only 220w it that can be used for a better one it would be worth more.

Last edited:
Aside from the link I provided above.
  1. A GTX745 isn't really enough to play games above 720p, so it doesn't increase the value.
  2. It's an OEM machine (Acer)
  3. Assumedly low power PSU, so a GPU upgrade would also require a ~$30 PSU upgrade. (not recommending you buy a new GPU and PSU to raise the resale value, because it won't be a dollar-for-dollar investment.
  4. You're a private seller. People are a little more confident in purchasing from [even questionable] refurb "companies".
  5. It's a 5 year old machine with a non-overclockable CPU...

I mean, maybe you can get $300 US for it. Doesn't hurt to start a little high, just don't go so high that nobody's interested.

Solution