Question For some reason my gpu wont work on this motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2023
So i had i5 3470s cpu on my well working rx 580 system but i decided to upgrade cpu to i7 2600k but putting new cpu accidentally destroyed my motherboard cpu pins. So i bought new motherboard with my last budget [1155 socket] but somewhy rx 580 doesnt work in it. The motherboard is hp pro 3400 mt . Im out of budget sadly so i cant buy new motherboard and the owner wont return it is there any way i can make this work ?? If not i will be forced to sell my rx 580 and buy new motherboard and downgrade to like rx 550 or rx 560

Lutfij

Titan
hp pro 3400 mt
The only suggestion I have to make is to see if you can get a hold of a 2nd Gen i3 and see f that alleviates the problem with functionality, then to see if you can update the BIOS. I wouldn't expect much support from a prebuilt motherboard since they tend to have limitations in their BIOS. In this instance it could very well be that the board lacks UEFI support.

Does the computer work post using the integrated graphics? If it does then there's likely a faulty PCIe slot as there's nothing preventing a GPU from being recognized (might not work properly, but not being recognized at all is something else). If it doesn't then the new motherboard likely doesn't work.

Jan 20, 2023
I tested the motherboard with other gpus like 10 year old cards and it worked. the rx 580 works on my brother's computer. i tried everything updating bios etc also ye intergrated graphics work but when i put my rx 580 in the pci slot even the intergrated graphics stops working

Well given that older cards have worked I'm not really sure this is gonna help. Look in the BIOS to see if there is anything related to VGA/Video output and make sure it's set to PCIe. This was largely automated by that era, but I don't know what all HP may have done.

Otherwise maybe try another PCIe slot if there is one. Generally speaking the slot bandwidth shouldn't matter, but maybe if the slot you're trying is somehow wired as x4 it would cause problems. Double check to make sure all power connectors are hooked up, but I don't really think that's the issue given that it posts on integrated and older GPUs.

Jan 20, 2023
Yes and i have 2 other motherboards i can test from ny friends they working fine with same system so its the motherboard too old but i an hoping theres a way to install or do smth to make it work

Status
Not open for further replies.