[SOLVED] For streaming / gaming

Nov 7, 2020
Good day guys I'm planning to upgrade my current system with the new amd zen3 , just want to know if 5600x would be a good choice or should i go with the 5800x
btw planning to stream 1080p 60fps mainly playing valorant / csgo, thanks

Solution
If you're going to be streaming then buy as many cores as you can...the 5600x is a solid cpu but for your intended use I would go with the 5800x.

Your GPU choice also makes a big difference in your CPU needs...current nVidia GPUs easily have the performance edge for streaming...it remains to be seen how the new AMD GPUs will handle on the fly encoding.
If you're going to be streaming then buy as many cores as you can...the 5600x is a solid cpu but for your intended use I would go with the 5800x.

Your GPU choice also makes a big difference in your CPU needs...current nVidia GPUs easily have the performance edge for streaming...it remains to be seen how the new AMD GPUs will handle on the fly encoding.

Solution
Nov 7, 2020

I'm currently using RX Vega 64 btw thanks for the input much appreciated